Call for proposals 2008 for the Implementation of the programme actions: multi-annual cooperation projects; cooperation measures; special action (third countries); and support for bodies active at European level in the field of culture – CULTURE
- description and objectives
- The present calls for proposals is based on Decision No 1855/2006/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 December 2006, establishing the Culture Programme (2007-2013) which aims to enhance the cultural area shared by Europeans, which is based on a common cultural heritage, through the development of cooperation activities among cultural operators from eligible countries, with a view to encouraging the emergence of European citizenship.
The Programme is aimed at three specific objectives:
- Promotion of the trans-national mobility of people working in the cultural sector.
- Support for the trans-national circulation of cultural and artistic works and products.
- Promotion of inter-cultural dialogue.
Support for cultural projects
Cultural organisations are given support for projects to work together across borders and to create and implement cultural and artistic activities. This strand is divided into four categories, which are detailed below:
- Multi-annual cooperation projects (lasting from three to five years) to foster multi-annual, trans-national cultural links by encouraging a minimum of six cultural operators from at least six eligible countries to cooperate and work within and across sectors to develop joint cultural activities over a period of three to five years.
- Cooperation projects (lasting up to 24 months) concerns actions shared by at least three cultural operators, working within and across sectors, from at least three eligible countries over a maximum period of two years. Actions that explore means of long-term co-operation are especially targeted.
- Literary translation projects (lasting up to 24 months) EU support for Literary Translation is aimed at enhancing knowledge of the literature and literary heritage of fellow Europeans by way of promoting the circulation of literary works between countries. Publishing houses can be awarded grants for translations and publication of works of fiction from one European language into another European language.
- Cooperation projects with third countries (lasting up to 24 months) seek to support cultural cooperation projects aimed at cultural exchanges between the countries taking part in the Programme and third countries, which have concluded association or cooperation agreements with the EU, provided that the latter contain cultural clauses. Every year one or more third country(ies) is/are selected for that particular year.
Support for organisations active at European level in the field of culture
Cultural organisations working, or wanting to work, at European level in the field of culture can receive support for their operating costs. This strand targets organisations that promote a sense of shared cultural experience with a truly European dimension.
- organisations eligible to participate
- Opened to the following bodies or institutes with legal status established in the covered areas:
- Public authorities (all)
- covered areas
- Bodies or institutes must have their registered legal seat in one of the countries taking part in the Programme which are:
- European Union (EU)
- European Economic Area (EEA)
- Candidate Countries
- European Free Trade Association (EFTA)
- Third countries
- european community funding
- The Community provisional funding available for the call for proposals is:
- Annual budget for 2009: 45.30 M€
- all the important deadlines
- Wednesday, October 01, 2008: Deadline for the presentation of proposals
- Saturday, November 01, 2008: Deadline for the presentation of proposals
- Sunday, February 01, 2009: Deadline for the presentation of proposals
- Friday, May 01, 2009: Deadline for the presentation of proposals
- Directorate-Generale responsible
- Directorate-General for Education and Culture