Advanced Translation Studies
– contribute to teaching on masters level programmes in Translation and also to the undergraduate translation programmes as required
– supervise research students in translation studies
– undertake research and scholarly activities in translation studies.
– have a PhD in Translation Studies
– be able to demonstrate interest in translation or interpreting for the cultural, legal, economic and tourism industries
– be a native or near-native speaker of English and at least one other language
– have a record of publications in Translation Studies
– have a record of regular conference attendance
– be an experienced teacher of Translation Studies
– have experience in the use of e-learning systems
– have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
For an informal discussion about the above post please contact Kirsten Malmkjaer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a 0.5 one-year fixed term contract up to 31 July 2009 in the first instance, with the potential for conversion to a permanent position, at Lecturer grade as specified and depending on experience.
To apply please download an application pack from www.mdx.ac.uk/jobs or contact us requesting an application pack quoting ref ARTS200J.
Telephone 020 8411 6110.
Recruitment Office, Middlesex University,
North London Business Park, London N11 1QS.
Closing date 4 August 2008.
Interviews will be held in early September.
Middlesex University is working towards equality of opportunity.